Bus Service for Jefferson County, OH
Serving Steubenville, Mingo Junction, Wintersville, OH, and Surrounding Areas
Steel Valley Regional Transit Authority Offers Bus Service
When you need bus service for Jefferson County, OH, come ride with us at the Steel Valley Regional Transit Authority. Since 1995, our Steubenville, OH, bus company has provided bus service to residents and visitors to the area. We offer an annual bus pass and school year bus pass. Our bus service provides transportation for Steubenville, Mingo Junction, Wintersville, OH and surrounding areas including service to Rayland, OH, and Robinson Township, PA. Our Robinson Township route also services the Findlay Industrial Park in Imperial, PA.
The Steel Valley Regional Transit Authority also provides curb-to-curb paratransit service for people with disabilities. This scheduled service requires a prior day advanced notice. For more information on our paratransit service and bus passes you can call (740) 282-6145, contact us online, or view our paratransit page and schedules page for upcoming transportation service. We are proud to provide safety and security for all bus rides.
- Follow the Driver’s instructions.
- No eating or drinking while on board Public Transit vehicles. Drink containers without sealed, screw on lids are not allowed.
- No smoking, vaping or tobacco product use is permitted on SVRTA vehicles.
- No drug use or alcohol consumption is allowed. If a passenger appears intoxicated or otherwise under the influence – services will be denied.
- Vulgar or offensive language, clothing or printed/digital materials, excessive noise and harassment of driver or other passengers is not allowed.
- Radio’s, CD’s, DVD’s and MP3 technology may only be used with earphones or headsets.
- Cell phone use may not disturb other passengers.
- Respect other passengers’ property and space. No public displays of affection.
- Grocery or store bags are limited to 4 plastic bags or 2 brown paper bags and must be carried in the lap.
- No pets or emotional support animals. Only service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are allowed on/in Public Transportation vehicles or property.
- Under the ADA, a service animal is defined as a dog that has been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for an individual with a disability. The task(s) performed by the dog must be directly related to the person’s disability.
- Reference the ADA regulations for information pertaining to miniature horses that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- Don’t litter on the bus or in the waiting area surrounding bus stops.
- Federal regulations prohibit the operation of any bus with passengers standing ahead of a white/yellow line.
- Strollers, walkers or other mobility assistance devices must be folded and secured by the passenger.
- These items cannot block or hinder access for other passengers to the aisle.
- Small children must ride in the guardian’s lap.
- The concealed carrying of guns and knives and the possession of all explosives, flammable liquids, batteries or fuel cans (with or without contents present) are prohibited on all Public Transportation vehicles.
- To protect the health of all passengers, SVRTA will remove or deny access to any passenger whose bodily fluids are exposed, body odor is identified as offensive to other passengers or the driver or shows signs of pest infestation(s). This includes, but is not limited to body excretions, saliva, blood, bed bugs, lice, or fleas.
- SVRTA reserves the right to limit rides to 1 transfer per boarding.
- Fares: All passengers are required to pay the proper fare. SVRTA Bus drivers cannot make change. Soliciting for fares is not allowed.
- SVRTA will not tolerate any type of violence, threats, intimidation, destruction of property or insubordination. SVRTA has the right to refuse service and remove passengers when necessary. In the event of more serious damage and/or continuing detrimental behavior, offenders will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Come Ride with Us!
- Susan Hogue — President / Chair Person
- Jennifer Beal — Board Member
- William Hendricks — Board Member
- Cookie West — Board Member
- Ernest Wilson — Board Member
- Robert Laukert — Board Member
- Charlene Prentice — Vice Chair
- Tim Turner — Transit Manager / Treasurer
- Heather Dock – Secretary
- Robert D’Anniballe — Legal Counsel
Purchase An Annual Bus Pass or School Year Bus Pass in Steubenville, OH or Buy Online
At the Steel Valley Regional Transit Authority, residents in Steubenville, Mingo Junction, Wintersville, OH and surrounding areas, have the option to purchase an annual – calendar year bus pass or school year bus pass. These passes can be purchased at our SVRTA location, 555 Adams St. in Steubenville, OH, or online for only $40. Fares are $0.50 for adults and students, and $0.25 for seniors and Medicare recipients. Children under six-years-old and transfer are free. Let the Steel Valley Regional Transit Authority provide you with all your bus service needs. We are happy to serve you so, Come Ride with Us!
Offering Paratransit Service to Residents In and Around Steubenville, Wintersville, and Mingo Junction, OH
Residents in the area can apply for curb-to-curb paratransit service. If you or someone you know has a disability under the ADA guidelines, give us a call at (740) 282-6145 to schedule a ride. Paratransit applications can be found on the paratransit services page of this website. Please note that scheduled transportation service requests a prior day advance notice. The fee for Paratransit service at the Steel Valley Regional Transit Authority is $1.00 per ride. Come Ride with Us!
Our Bus Routes Travel in Wintersville, OH, and Surrounding Areas
We are proud to provide residents of Steubenville, Mingo Junction, Wintersville, OH, and beyond, safe, efficient and affordable transportation. You can catch a ride to Robinson Township, PA or to the Findlay Industrial Park in Findlay Township, PA. Visit routes page to view a map of our bus routes or check routes and times on the routes page.